When was the last time I posted a blog?? Gosh, it certainly felt like forever!
A few more minutes till 2008 ends. I thank God for all the things that I have gone through this year. Even the hard times that made me stronger and better. I've been in a lot of ups and downs this year and no matter how painful a certain memory can be, I can only look forward and take it as a stumble in my life. Why turn back when all you can do is move forward,right? It's the wrong things that makes us strong.
I sure do have a lot to be thankful for rather than the opposite of it. Ha-ha!
Here's a quick list of the things that happened this year that I find quite memorable in their own way.
Oh gosh, I cant really remember what happened along this month except for
- Left hangin' like a rope on a New Year's Day
- Trip to Phuket, Thailand with my college friends and lecturers which included getting 'high' on booze and table top dancing. And who could ever forget the "Yeah you're like a bitch" incident that happened between me and Lia (made me not talk to her and it hurt a lot but all's good now ).
- A month full of guilt from breaking a guy's heart. ( I'm sorry )
- Possibly my first gig without Mimsy by my side but was with Lia and Mia instead to support Wingman Yas and his band perform *Bunyi Volume 1 *
- met Jiji & Yan & Liyanafnd
- Met the one and only Bebot & Bambam in ASiS and I was with Mimsy and Mia that time. I even saw the guy that Mimsy was crazy about last year. Ehem..lol!
- The month I met Topeq & Shook. That duo really knows how to crack me up! It also happened to be Lia's 2nd gig with me by her side.
- Started workin' at SRWE with my Tita Elvs a week ( I guess ) before my birthday.
- Lia slept over for my birthday
- Met Sya :) who happens to be the cutest person I have ever met while I was working with SRWE and she brightens up my day with her 'Escapism' lol!
- The month I met Angel : In a bus ( u 66 ) from PJ to KL Sentral. The bus was packed of people and I just had the urge to talk to her. She was standing in front of me and I just started talking to her. I was on the way to a gig and she was on the way to meet up with her friends.
- Gigs & gigs ...
- First ever photo shoot for a talent agency. what an experience. haha!
- Trip to Hong Kong/ Macau with my class . We 'strolled' in and out of the casinos in Macau, learned the stories behind Hong Kong's famous buildings and more walks!
- Angel saw me inside the bus but I did not notice her. She thought that my face looked familiar. I on the other hand, had only noticed her when I managed to take a seat. She was in front of me..holding an empty black board . We were both unsure that we have met before so I didn't really had the courage to talk to her. I got out of the bus and I walked with earphone on my ears, not really aware of my surrounding. I felt someone tap my shoulder ( I think that was she did) and when I looked to my right, I saw her and she quickly asked me, " You're Linda,right??"
My reaction was.." Oh yeah!! It's you!" and from there..we started talking and talking..exchanged numbers and the rest was history. (Sorry Babe, I forgot your name that day eheee..). It was effin cool to meet her again. Now that's what I call destiny!
- Started working with the current company that I'm working with.
- Watched CHEER 08 @ Bukit Jalil with the one and only Bebot
-More gigs perhaps?? ha-ha..I can't remember.
- Dad had to go to Philly for almost a month to take care of my ill aunt.
- Met Bambam's friends during our lunch together : Epit & Khai
- Had sore eyes during my 2nd photo shoot and it had to be postponed due to my condition.
- Lost my favorite purple heels at KAMI the Gig in Ruums. It was also the venue where I met plenty of other people such as Alif & Adyb (who happens to be friends with Bebot) and some other girls.
- Met Karl a few weeks after KAMI the Gig in Ruums.
-Met Lia & Tira :)
- The aunt that my dad helped took care of passed away a day after my dad came back to Malaysia and I was still down with the terrible sore eyes *tsk tsk*
- Tried fasting for one day during the Ramadhan month & I succeeded (never thought I could! )
- The first 'Buka Puasa' I had & it was with my colleagues & the following week (i guess) I spent it with Mimsy, Wan & Karl.
- Got told off by dad for looking like an 'alcoholic betch' in front of his basketball players,where in reality, he was just actually irritated and discomforted with me and my sis hanging out with those guys.
- Went to see Rainbow Died Yesterday's ( Raya The Gig ) performance for the first time (after months and months of being invited) : met Emi (in person),Sofea,Abby (who reminds me of Haniff), Ema (cool chic!) Amir & Fiq.
- KAMI The Concert : Awesome & indescribably fun! The concert where I met Faiz, Meon & Jimmy (Angel's Buddies) .
- Celebrated Tita Lorna's birthday with a dinner and then headed to Holiday Villa and came home at 2 am with my drunk mom & dad .
- learned to make beverages from Coffeeland.
- Gig Against Racism, KL Tower : Where I cried when I was pretending to be alright while I was dancing to the beats of The Times. It was the 2nd day after Karl broke up with me.
-MyHolidayCafe opened for business (Nov 19)
- hung out with Yaya (after months of not seeing him) & Mira (first time I met her)
- Had the most peaceful & joyous Christmas I have ever had after years of bickering & fights every time that season comes.
-MyHolidayCafe closed for business (Dec 26 ) due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Went to Couple's album launch & had a great time with Shook,Topeq,Angel,Bie & Afiq (the details are too personal to be shared here ) :P No dirty thoughts ok!
- Finally got to watch Yuna perform and when she sang 'Deeper Conversation', that was the moment where the time stopped and I finally heard the question whispered in my ear :)
There are actually a lot more of things that happened in 2008 but hey, I'm just human. I can't remember everything. What is certain though is that I thank God for everything that had happened and for the life that he has given me. To the friends that I have met and knew this year, to the memories that we all share, I thank you all for making my life joyful. Love you all!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! May GOD BLESS US ALL!